Saturday, January 21, 2012

yellow sticky traps

yellow sticky trap - time to replace this one!
White flies - a curse in the garden. I've had great success with the yellow sticky traps hanging in the garden. The white flies were decimating my beans and now they're strong and vigorous. I had hoped it might do the same around the spider mite etc attacking the tomato plants. Trapped lots of flies and an occasional 'good bug' like a ladybird but didn't deter the spider mite wreaking havoc on the tomatoes. I love the simplicity of the yellow sticky traps in an organic garden. I have pre-prepared ones I bought from Bunnings but sent away to Green Harvest to buy the glue to make my own as well as yellow sticky tape etc. (Heynes in Adelaide stock the products too I found out later). Going to get serious today on the ants 'attending' thrip etc (they love the 'honeydew' produced so they protect the colonies of bugs and deter natural predators for thrip). Come on ants, fair's fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment