Saturday, January 21, 2012

herbs & plants on the fence

pots on the fence with herbs & bok choy
In summer the heat in Adelaide can be extreme. Things like Bok Choy and coriander go straight to seed. This summer I've had pots growing on the side fence on the south of the house, so they get the morning sun but protected from the sun in the afternoon. It's enough to keep the plants happy and thriving. I keep them in self watering pots so they don't dry out in the heat. And strangely, the white cabbage moth which destroys Bok Choy in the garden, hasn't discovered the plants perched on the fence and they're growing wonderfully well.

1 comment:

  1. Any good ideas for discouraging the lorikeets from sampling every peach on my tree and leaving none for me? I tried putting one of my owls up there, but they just knocked it off and continued eating... Tree is too big for a net.
    Maureen :)

    ReplyDelete