Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lebanese eggplant - seeds

I have really become a keen seed saver - and have become incredulous about how much seeds cost given the sheer volume of seeds in most plants. Even on e-bay people give a miserly half a dozen seeds for something like an eggplant - these Lebanese eggplants crop fantastically in summer and produce huge numbers of seeds for the next season. I've bought some of those little plastic seal bags that jewellers sometimes use, and insert info on a small piece of paper about the seeds and how to grow them. Then I give the seeds away to friends and neighbours.  I reckon everyone can grow SOMETHING, even in a plastic milk container with holes in on a dish on the window sill. I'll be preparing my spring 'giveaway' packs soon for neighbours and friends. Fiddly but fun in anticipation of what the seeds will turn into.

No comments:

Post a Comment