Saturday, September 11, 2010

September planting

What a great day for some gardening - lots of rain during the week, and clouds with patches of sunshine. Planted the last of the potato tubers, and did a whole lot of potting up in the newspaper pots of self-sown parsley in one of the beds. Put the little newspaper pots out by the driveway - the all went very quickly. Hope they have some good homes to go to and will inspire people to plant and give away their excess. I'm checking out gardenate for the things I can plant this month in my area. Keen to get going with spring and summer crops but in that 'in between' time with winter crops still going. So I'll begin the seed germination business with spring and summer crops in anticipation of getting the beds ready for planting. I ordered some dwarf fruit trees yesterday - hoping there's more space to plant them. I'll plant the dwarf cherry in a pot so I can move it easily in the garden when it's too hot. Bees are busy checking out the broad bean flowers. What a lovely time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment